Thursday, March 13, 2008

an everyday villain

Buses: A use of transportation , but what happens when it can also endanger you life? That's what happened in Gilbert, Arizona to a 15-year-old girl who got in a fist fight with her bus driver. Kim Sullivan ( the bus driver ) stopped the bus when see saw the student talking on the phone. She told the student to find a different way of transportation, when the young girl decided to get off the bus. The bus driver then refused to let her off the bus and physically pushed her.The girl immediately called her mom. That's when the bus driver threw her phone. Everything went down hill after that resulting in a fist fight between Kim and the student and later involved Kim Sullivan's daughter.
Kim Sullivan and the 15-year-old student were both charged with Aggravated Assault and Disorderly Conduct. Kim's daughter and another student were charged with Disorderly Conduct. In my eyes Ms. Sullivan was wrong on her part. She is the villain of this story. Firstly she picked on the she picked personally picked on the student for some unknown reason. I can prove that because on the video there's at least 4 other students using their phones. For her to pick on just the young girl and target the subject only directly to her was immature. Not only did Kim Sullivan make a bad name for herself , she also gave a bad reputation for bus drivers. Parents were less trustful with bus drivers. Kids are even skipping the bus to walk. It's crazy how one person can change the mind of so many. I was even wary about riding the bus. I would hate to be put in that position of the 15-year-old girl. Mostly because she was also charged with Aggravated Assault. All because of a grumpy lady. There is so many different outtakes that could have came out better if Kim Sullivan would have just stopped and thought about what she was doing to this poor young girl

It's dreadful when a teacher personally embarrasses you in front of a crowd, when a bus driver does that it's unbelievable. What cruel person would provoke a fist fight between themselves and and a minor? Many people after hearing this tried to themselves in the students position [including myself]. If a bus driver were to yell at me and refuse to let me off the bus, what would I do? If she then physically push towards my seat and then punch me in the chest, how would I react? If she threw my phone out of the bus, then punch me again , would I fight back? It's obvious that 3 out of 4 kids would fight back, so what was Kim Sullivan thinking as she went about with her actions. What if she wanted to start a fight.

Whatever Kim Sullivan's reasons were for her actions they definitely back fired. She has made a bad name for her and made parents now question the thought of their children riding the bus. This bus driver is the exact opposite of what I call a hero. She is a villain.

No comments: