Wednesday, January 30, 2008

poems #2

I am poem
I am kind and helpful
I wonder why there is so much racism
I hear my family calling me
I see people enjoying their lives
I want my family to always be united

I am kind and helpful
I pretend that I am rich
I feel my mom hugging me
I touch goals in my life
I worry that people are not safe in their own houses
I cry when I hear someone from my family fighting
I am kind and helpful

I understand that some people don't get along
I say that a problem can be solved one way or another
I dream that my family will always be together and united
I try to understand my parents
I hope that everyone will soon get along
I am kind and helpful




The Border
Why is it there?
People wonder that
it separates different races
people still try to get across
they do this to get a better life
a lot of them try
but only some succeed
and the rest are sent back
or some never return
so why is it there?




Why us?
Why did it have to be us?
The ones that had to be deported
Why not other people
We just came to get a better life
now we're back to our old miserable life
Why us?
and not the people that come to be drug dealers
they come to do illegal things
and we come for a better life
so we did we have to be deported and not them
why us?




A message of hope
We wait and wait
For a message of hope
that my dad is still alive
Its been 3 days now
that he has left
there is no call from him
no letter from him
no sign that he is still alive
So we just wait
with this terrible feeling
and with this anxiety that he sends us
just a tiny message of hope
that is all we need



I swing from a rope
I swing from a rope
Hanging only from my toes
I hang on for dear life
praying down below is my wife
holding on from my hands
are Mike, Sam, Glands
my toes slip




No comments: